Thursday, December 8, 2011

By The Way: Holiday Desserts


Thanks to Duncan Hines for sponsoring my writing. There's no limit to the baking possibilities, so grab your favorite Duncan Hines mix and Comstock or Wilderness fruit fillings and Bake On! www.duncanhines.com.



I know I'm not the only one who is right in the middle of the holiday baking madness that always hits this time of year. There are just so many reasons to break out your apron and spend quality time in the kitchen: cookie exchanges, potlucks (for which I always go the dessert route), work luncheons, hostess gifts, dinner parties. Some might say that's a dessert overload. But I say bring it on.

It's best to be mindful when planning the holiday desserts you're going to be making. Some groups of friends will be impressed by a sweet treat that's made from scratch and features unique ingredients. Others will appreciate the coziness of a familiar dessert and won't mind if you use some help from a box in making it.

Yesterday I was tasked with whipping up a dessert for both adults and kids, and it had to be portable since the party location was outside our home. I also wanted something that wouldn't overtake dinner prep time in the kitchen. What did I immediately think of when cruising the baking aisle at the store? Brownies!




There are little choco chunks in there to make the brownies extra chunkalicious. Friends young and old are sure to enjoy.




And I don't think there is anytime I like licking the spoon more than when it's brownie time.




Remember to check out Duncan Hines' website www.duncanhines.com to find some great recipes for your holiday get-together! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...