1. Having a meal at Max Brenner is like eating at Willy Wonka's dinner table. Everything has chocolate in it, from the entrées to the drinks to, of course, the decadent desserts. With only a handful of locations in the US and the world, you may not have one nearby. (Note: Philly peeps you're in luck since there is one right in Center City!) But everyone can head on over to their online store, which offers enough chocolate treats to make an Oompa Loompa jump for joy. Below are a few of our handpicked faves, perfect for favors or gifts or just for fun. From top to bottom: bonbons, kangaroo cup, soap, hug mug.
2. Who needs crystal flutes when you can cozy up and toast with a coordinating pair of chocolate brown and cream conversation mugs? A warm frothy drink with the potential for foam mustache photos is a bonus, but not a requirement.
3. Are we the only ones who have been inundated with commercials for chocolate diamonds lately? Yes? No? We can't decide if these are a great buy for the choco-holic deep inside you, or an easy one to pass up since it lacks the sparkle of a regular ol' rock. What do you think? We also found these chocolate pearls, which might just satisfy you're choco jewelry craving (if one should exist) without compromising the diamond purist in you.
4. There's nothing like a traditional white wedding cake, unless of course you opt for a chocolate showstopper like the one below, dubbed "The Megeve" after a Swiss ski resort. According to Martha, it has disks of vanilla meringue layered with chocolate mousse,covered in a thick layer of dark chocolate curls and a dusting of powdered sugar. We could do serious damage given some alone time with The Megeve and a fork.
5. Most brides indulge in a little pampering with their bridal party, mom, or sisters in the days leading up to the wedding. Why not spring for an upgrade from your local nail salon with spa services at Hotel Hershey? Chocolatetown is well within day trip distance of Philly and DC, and the chocolate spa menu is worth a few hours in the car.