Monday, October 25, 2010

Things I've Learned While Planning: 7 Months To Go

For one reason or another, the 7 months-and-counting mark is the first one I've hit where I feel like I've turned the corner and can see the wedding at the end of the tunnel. Sure, there's still plenty of time and lots to do before the wedding is actually here, but for the first time it doesn't seem like it's really that far away. Anyway, here's what I've learned since last time.

1. I've officially become one of those crazy people you're usually stuck behind at the register at Michael's. You know, the one with a zillion coupons who asks for a price check on a $1 item because she swore the sign said it was half off. Yup, that's me.

2. As my Etsy bill continues to grow at a steady pace, I can see that I'm a custom order kind of girl. How do I know this? Well, I haven't yet ordered anything "off the rack."

3. My parents have become slightly obsessed with the topic of airport-to-hotel transportation.

4. If I lived closer to NYC, I would be in the Paper Presentation store alot. Like, multiple times per week. I'm sure the shop workers are appreciative of the 90 or so miles separating me from them.

5. Just when I thought I was done dealing with flighty catering people...enter the bridal shower venue search.

6. I should just download our first dance song as my ringtone, because when people ask what it is, most don't recognize it right off the bat. And for the sake of all involved, I don't want to just bust out in a completely off-tune rendition.

7. My mini hot glue gun had a life span of 16 years. (What, doesn't everyone get their first one when she's in 6th grade?)

Until we meet again (at 6 months to go!)...remember to keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars. {I don't know, I feel like I need a cool send off like Casey Kasem, haha.}

2 comments:

  1. I always love your check in posts for how the wedding planning is going. And get used to stalking Michael's. I was in there almost every day and I was a 40% coupon hoarder. My husband refused to EVER go with me to Michael's after having a coupon meltdown and driving to 3 locations to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy I'm not alone, Nicole! Glad you're enjoying :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...