1. We may not be fashion show VIPs (yet!), but thanks to The Knot, we can pretend. The site will be streaming bridal fashion week shows online this weekend, starting with Carolina Herrera at 2PM EST tomorrow April 10th. Follow the newest creations of tulle, satin, and lace down the runway *live* by going here .
2. Spotted this save the date on bluepoolroad and thought it was so creative and playful. And best of all it's interactive, as each guest has to blow up the balloon to reveal the wedding info. We also thought this idea could be adapted to use as invitations for more casual events like bachelorette or birthday parties.
3. Love custom silver hangers from etsy seller lilafrances. They’re pretty and photo-worthy for the perfect shot of your dress just before you slip it on. If you decide to keep your maiden name, lilafrances offers custom name combinations (think bride + groom) or a simple silver heart. Details like this will really shine in your wedding day photos, and we love the idea of displaying the hanger with some other pieces of your bridal wardrobe (veil, garter, or silk floral hairpiece perhaps) in a shadowbox to commemorate the occasion in a feminine way.
4. This unconventional recipe box came to us via Miss Hamster’s blog on Weddingbee. This is a great idea for the city bride who loves to try new restaurants but not so much new recipes. Each shower guest fills out a “recipe card” with a restaurant recommendation with their favorite dish from the menu. A modern, cheeky twist on the recipe shower!
5. Lottery tickets as wedding favors aren’t necessarily new, but we love that they are a fun, simple DIY project that adds a little excitement when your guests take their seats. Who doesn’t love the feeling of scratching of the gritty metallic coating on the ticket with a shiny new penny?? These are so easy to customize to complement your décor. This bold red option featured on The Knot really hit the jackpot if you ask these two Belles!