1. DIY'ers - this one's for you. Papersource, purveyor of all things stationary (seriously, we've spent over an hour in the greeting card section alone) debuted their letterpress at home machine. For $149, the combo kit includes the press and a set of basic supplies to get you started. They also offer a set of wedding plates with your standard "thank you/save the date/congratulations" text options and some intricate scroll images to dazzle up your diy-designs. The Belles are suckers for crafty, so this one has our name all over it.
2. It's official - we looooove blurb. Snapfish used to be our go-to for self published albums, but they've got nothing on blurb. There are pre-designed templates offered if you have trouble getting started, but the real beauty of this site comes from the ease of use and total layout flexibility. Seriously, check out the sample gallery and come back when you're done wiping the drool off your chin. The concept goes way beyond a simple wedding album. Think customized but professional quality scrapbook for your honey as a wedding gift, recipe collection to present in a stunning cookbook for a blushing bride at her shower, or a travel journal from the honeymoon. A few projects are already in the works over here.
3. If you're looking for some wedding inspiration this weekend in Philly, why not swing by Soiree in the City? The stylish event is a far cry from convention center bridal expos, as it brings together a more select group of vendors in a swanky Old City venue to show off what some of the best in the biz have cooked up. Tickets are still available through the website for this Sunday's event, and this is a party you definitely don't want to miss.
4. Okay, so we're all not lucky enough as to always pull bridesmaid duty in a stylish cocktail dress in a flattering color and fabric, right? Well here are step-by-step instructions that put a nightmarish frock out of its misery and onto your sofa by turning it into an accent pillow. Just make sure to stash it out of the way whenever the bride comes knocking at your door in the future...
5. Fresh off of the season 7 finale of Project Runway last night, we couldn't help but notice all of the PR wedding-ness in the air lately. First there was Carol Hannah from season 6 making a splash on the scene with her newly released bridal collection, which is so playful and fresh. Then we spotted recently auf'd Jonathan Peters showing off some ruffled, vintage-y wedding gowns at a show in Boston recently. And if that weren't enough, we noticed season 2 winner Chloe Dao included a few white numbers in her runway show in Houston. Tim Gunn would be so proud!