1. Since today is the first day of October, we felt we should share this paper pumpkin centerpiece we saw on the Polished to Perfection blog. It's an easy DIY project that will last on your table much longer than a pumpkin picked from a patch, and the use of patterned paper adds even more whimsy to this little decoration.
2. When we were flipping through an issue of House Beautiful and we happened upon the photo below, we thought that the mag switched from home decorating and started covering weddings. Upon closer look, we found out that this isn't a pomander but a rose pendant light. We think this fixture would fit nicely into a newlywed's abode, especially for the new bride who just can't let go of the memory of frequent bouquet consultations at the florist.
3. Attention all Philly brides-to-be who are still looking for a dress: Nicole Miller in Center City is hosting a trunk show next weekend. And if you can't make that one, the Manayunk location is holding a similar event on the 17th. Oh, and we know you're all wowed by the guerilla style Blackberry photography of the window display at the Bellevue, right?
4. Thinking of how much we love drinking hot apple cider during this season, we were looking for a way to incorporate the flavor into a wedding meal. Sure, you could serve the drink, but what else could you do? Obviously we nearly fell off our chairs when we saw the spiced apple cider sorbet recipe featured on The Kitchn. You could offer this in place of the regular sorbet course of a served dinner, or you could have it out during dessert. We say yes to either...or both.
5. Well, it's that time again. The time when we wish, hope, and long for the day that we hop on a flight and join the wedding utopia that is the engage! weekend. Starting this Sunday, engage!10 kicks off at the really really ridiculously good looking Breakers resort in Palm Beach. So if it seems all the top wedding industry experts are missing in action for the next few days...well, yes, they're all basking in their fabulousness and the Florida sun together. Swoon.