Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Things I've Learned While Planning: 9 Months To Go

Another page torn off the calendar means it's another month closer to the wedding. Here's what I've learned since last time.

1. I only need an hour to shop for a wedding dress.

2. Now that I've become part of the custom order Etsy community, I find myself thinking up the most random items, just to see what the sellers on there can create.

3. Researching honeymoon locations has been the undeniable best part of planning the wedding. And that's not even really part of the wedding. But Greek island getaways will always trump organizing address lists. That's just that.

4. There's something inside me that feels the need to set up vendor meetings at coffee shops, even though I don't drink coffee.

5. I have a love/hate relationship with Photoshop. Love it because it seems to let me do what I want in terms of layout and design, but hate it because I don't know it well enough to use it very easily or quickly.

6. I looked at more wedding magazines before I was engaged (professional wedding planning research!) than I do now that I am engaged.

7. It IS possible to find a DJ who doesn't want us blinded by a laser light show or engulfed in fog. Isn't playing good music enough anymore??

8. Vistaprint continues to please as my go-to quick printing source. (Yes, we printed our save the date postcards through them...more to come once we send those out to our guests.)


9. Floor length A-line dresses are not flattering on me. When trying this style on, I looked very much like I was wearing a colonial era nightgown.

10. In the epic battle between clothes and crafts going on right now in my one closet, crafts are starting to win. Seriously, my clothes are starting to suffocate under bags and bags of craftiness from Michael's.


Alright, that's it for now. Be sure to check in next month for my latest pearls of wedding planning wisdom, and in the meantime stop back to see what else we're working on here on the blog...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...