Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Eyes On The Bride: Laura S.

Laura is currently planning a September wedding with her fiancé Dave. We've had the pleasure of hearing some of their ideas for their day as they've evolved throughout the planning process, and are eager to see it all come together this fall. Here is a sneak peek into their lives as nearly-weds, as told by Laura.


(personal photo - from the night of their engagement!)


Bride's Name, Age, Occupation – Laura Scaven, 27, speech-language pathologist

Groom's Name, Age, Occupation – David Curran, 26, contract services coordinator

City of Residence – Havertown, PA

Wedding Location – Appleford, Villanova

How you met – We met through friends in college at Penn State; one of my best friends roomed with his best friend freshman year. We became very close friends by the end of college, and then began dating after college.

How long you've dated – 4 years

How he proposed – When we were first beginning to get together, he took me to see a play on Broadway and we stayed in NYC for the night. After the play, we went to this tiny little bar and wound up talking forever over a few bottles of wine. It was a very romantic night, and shortly after we returned from the trip, we decided to be together. So last May (3 years later), he told me we were going to NYC for my birthday. We saw a play, had dinner, and I had NO IDEA. Then we began walking and he took me to that same little bar, where he had a cute little table reserved for us. Still had NO IDEA. Then as we were talking, he moved to the side, and got down on one knee, and said “I just don’t want to wait anymore” and pulled out the ring and asked me!

Wedding colors/theme – Navy and white/green.

Bridesmaids' dresses info – Jim Hjelm- Knee length navy chiffon.

Best part of planning – Trying all kinds of different foods when choosing a caterer… though we haven’t done the cake testing yet - that might win!

Worst part of planning –Looking for a photographer that used the style that we wanted (artistic, candid) that was reasonably priced. We must have be in contact with at least 7 different photographers, before finding our perfect one (Ryan Estes - love him!).

Most surprising part of planning – The way things come in waves. Everyone told me it would be that way, but some months I was crazed with planning, and then other months, things were completely calm.

Favorite vendor so far – Robert Ryan Catering. They have been absolutely professional, friendly, efficient, and creative in planning our style of wedding for our budget. It is a family company and I have dealt with both Bob Ryan personally and his daughter, who have both been wonderful.

Places you registered – Bed Bath Beyond and Crate and Barrel. Though I am thinking now I should have registered at Target - why didn’t I? I love Target!

Any Do-It-Yourself (DIY) plans – Not that I can think of… I was looking into DIY invitations, but that seems like a lot of work!

Honeymoon Location – Cap Cana, Dominican Republic - near Punta Cana, all inclusive resort called Secrets.


Thanks again Laura for sharing this with us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...